Early Childhood (3-6) Montessori Lead Teacher
The Springs, A Montessori School, in Springfield, VA is looking for a Lead Early Childhood (3-6) Teacher. The Springs is an American Montessori Society accredited school located in Northern, VA just outside the nation’s capital. This past year the school celebrated its 50th anniversary and continues to grow. The position is for the 2017-2018 school and will start on August 20, 2017.
The Springs is looking for a creative, motivated, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working with young children and the Montessori philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for a mixed-age classroom comprised of 24-26 three to six year olds. Responsibilities include but are not limited to giving Montessori lessons, observation, daily record keeping, communicating with parents across various mediums, parent education, training and managing assistant faculty, and most importantly providing care and support to all children. Hours are 8:00 am -4:00 pm with occasional evening meetings and at least two weekend events. The Springs is a growing school with great opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- AMS, AMI or other MACTE Certified Early Childhood Montessori Credential
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to our mission values of peace, independence, love of learning, and respect
- Flexibility and commitment to working in a team atmosphere
- Comfortable with electronic record keeping
- Willingness to work during Summer Camp (preferred)
The Springs offers generous and competitive compensation and benefits:
- Salary: $42,000-$54,000 depending on experience and level of education*
- 4 weeks paid vacation*
- 10 personal days*
- 401k (w/employer) matching
- Health Insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Performance Bonuses
- American Montessori Society Membership Dues
- Paid Planning Time
* Details reflect 12 month employees and differ slightly for 10-month employees.
THE SPRINGS, A Montessori School, is always looking for qualified candidates to join our substitute on-call list.
- At least 6 months of experience in Early Childhood Education
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to work as part of a team and dedication to maintaining a professional environment
- Must be comfortable managing large groups of children.
All other job inquires, please send your resume to