School Office Assistant
THE SPRINGS, A Montessori School in Springfield, VA is hiring for a new full-time School Office Assistant for the 2018-19 School Year. This is a year-round position and hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday – Friday. This is a unique position that combines elements of clerical and classroom support as well as some program management. The position is ideal for individuals interested in educational work and could become a school administrator track position. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting and communicating with all parents, students, and visitors
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems (student, personnel, etc.)
- Data entry
- Answering phones and fielding email inquiries
- Making copies and classroom materials
- Maintaining supply inventory
- Supporting event planning for special school activities (e.g. Back to School BBQ, Springs Carnival, Annual Concert, etc.)
- Running school errands
- Implementing school snack program
- Assisting with supervision during Music and Spanish class
- Assisting faculty with day to day issues such as helping sick children, administering first aid, easing separation anxiety, etc.
- Substituting in the classroom as needed
- General oversight of the school’s before and after school program. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of personnel, indoor and outdoor activities, elective class program vendors, student participation in elective classes and supervision of children not picked up on time.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- A love and understanding of children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to see and understand at whole program level
- Confident with directing others, but comfortable and able to carry out direction as well
- Be flexible and willing to learn
- Experience in a school environment
- A car and valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Benefits include, but are not limited to, health insurance, 401K, four (4) weeks paid vacation, ten (10) personal/sick days, and paid professional development.
Salary: $30,000 – $40,000
The position starts on June 18, 2018
Elementary I/II Teacher
The Springs, A Montessori School is seeking an Elementary I/II teacher for the 2018-2019 school year and beyond.
Established in 1966, The Springs, A Montessori School is located in Northern Virginia, a stone’s throw from the nation’s capital and everything it has to offer. The elementary program was added in 2016 to the over 50 years of primary, infant, and toddler education the school has been providing in the Northern Virginia area. The Springs is committed to the development of the whole child and his/her lifetime love of learning. We strive for peaceful environments that respect and respond to the individual needs of each child.
The Elementary program features a full complement of materials, brightly lit classroom, an experienced classroom assistant, and access to the learning opportunities afforded by our proximity to Washington, D.C. In addition to professional development opportunities offered to the entire staff, the Elementary I/II teacher has the support of Elementary trained administrative staff as needed.
The qualified candidate will provide an authentic Montessori education to an anticipated 10-20 students for the 2018-19 school year in a mixed age group setting (grades 1-4) with the support of a full complement of materials and an additional assistant. The enrollment is expected to grow in the coming years. He or she will continue the legacy of The Springs by encouraging confidence, independence, and peacefulness in the students. Applicants must have Elementary I and II (lower and upper) AMS, AMI, or MACTE credentials.
The Springs offers a competitive salary starting at $45,000 (based on experience) with additional benefits that include medical insurance, 401k matching, and potential bonuses.
The position starts on August 21, 2018.
THE SPRINGS, A Montessori School, is always looking for qualified candidates to join our substitute on-call list.
- At least 6 months of experience in Early Childhood Education
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to work as part of a team and dedication to maintaining a professional environment
- Must be comfortable managing large groups of children.
All other job inquires, please send your resume to